This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
at Verizon Wireless in Basking Ridge, NJ
The Verizon Wireless Product Development group is looking for a talented Information Architect/Designer to join our team. You'll be working side by side with Product managers, UX/Usability strategists, creative agencies and developers to design engaging, innovative experiences for mobile, tablet, and CE devices. Working with multiple groups to develop complex digital products will require “Out-of-the-box” thinking, a collaborative nature, and the ability to challenge the status quo while achieving the goal.
• Developing interactive user experiences across Verizon’s customer-facing platforms
• Working with business teams (across multiple partners) to determine UX needs and then creating designs that meet them. You’ll be assessing the programs, business needs and market landscape, and distilling down into design requirements
• Translating concepts and ideas into wireframes, workflow diagrams, customer journey maps and visual designs
• Effectively communicating user experience and design directions to business teams & executives using prototypes, visual communications, and narrative vision
• Leading user research, testing, and focus groups for strategic programs
• Championing user experience and design best practices to stakeholders throughout the organization. Bring design thinking to projects and act as a voice of UX innovation in the product development process
• Being passionate about mobile products and technology. The right person for this job lives and breathes mobile experiences and has an amazing grasp on market trends and a vision for what this space could be 2-5 years into the future
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Design or related field; accelerated degree preferred
Experience: 6+ years experience as a UI Designer, Interaction Designer, Creative Director, Lead UX Strategist or similar
• A portfolio that demonstrates superior creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Understanding of the agency process, design process, and project management for design engagements
• Experience working across cross-functional teams (including UX and technical development/engineering, product management, marketing, executive management), with working knowledge of software development, product design, usability engineering, and quality assurance
• Attention to detail and craftsmanship
• Proven success driving programs in a matrixed environment
• Exceptional communication & presentation skills, including involvement with executive-level communications
• Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes and project priorities.
• Ability to make a strong first impression, active listening skills, the ability to win respect and influence others, politically savvy
• 3+ years experience in a product design or creative/strategy role within a large corporate environment
• Experience designing next-generation software/hardware platforms (TV, tablets, touch-screen, consumer electronics.)
• Experience managing and/or collaborating with creative talent and creative agencies
• Experience with rapid prototyping, HTML & Flash
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Recent UX jobs at Verizon Wireless
UX Strategist at Verizon Wireless in Basking Ridge, NJ 29-06-2012
UX Strategist at Verizon Wireless in Basking Ridge NJ 13-06-2012
UX/UI Designer at Verizon Wireless in Basking Ridge NJ 13-06-2012
UX Strategist at Verizon Wireless in Basking Ridge NJ 31-05-2012