at lynda.com in Santa Barbara, CA
lynda.com is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented User Experience Designer to help define the user experience of our web products. Reporting to the Senior Director of User Experience, the UX Designer works closely with product managers, design leads, researchers, and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs, gather requirements, and validate proposed designs for our website, software, and mobile products.
- Work with our members, user experience researchers, and others in the business to gain deep understanding of “real world” customer needs and business goals, and collect valuable feedback and insights in order to drive your design work.
- Document the user experience through user flows, scenarios, storyboards, and pixel-level mockups or prototypes.
- Work with User Experience Researchers to test and iterate on your designs.
- Support the Product Owner, collaborating with stakeholders, team members and customers in a user-centered design process to design features, define user stories, and work with development teams during implementation to answer questions.
- Act as an experience evangelist, advocating for our members and representing their needs and perspectives to the team.
Experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience as a user experience designer for consumer-facing web applications, e-Commerce sites, or SaaS products
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in HCI, Cognitive Science, Design, Library Science, or related field
Working experience with one or more wire framing or web design tools, such as OmniGraffle, Fireworks, or Photoshop is required
- Experience working with code or prototyping is a major plus
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high fidelity prototypes based on an existing style guide is strongly desired
- A strong passion for learning and a desire to help others
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team: to listen effectively, to respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and to offer and accept feedback openly
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to quickly adapt the content to the audience
- Must be organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile product development environment is also a plus
lynda.com offers an extraordinary work environment, tremendous opportunity for advancement, and great benefits, including:
- 100% company paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan including safe harbor, employer match, and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid company holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, and jury duty leave
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid group term life insurance, with optional employee buy-up program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Great employee gatherings
- Complimentary catered lunches, gourmet coffees and teas as well as fruit, nuts, and other healthy snacks
lynda.com is profitable, growing, and on the cutting edge of technology and education. With over 300 employees, and over 100 authors, the lynda.com team is an amazingly varied and talented group. What makes us a cohesive team is our shared passion for what we do and our belief in the lynda.com mission to help others.
This is an onsite position at our offices in Carpinteria, California, conveniently located within minutes of some of the best beaches in the world, and just an hour north of Los Angeles. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
lynda.com is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who apply for a position are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital, or veteran status.
Interested in joining us? Learn more at http://lynda.jobs or apply directly at http://jobvite.com/m?3r7YrfwH
Recent UX jobs at lynda.com