User Experience Lead
at DocuSign in San Francisco
DocuSign is the leader in electronic signature and transaction management, and a global standard for signing everything, everywhere. We have over 15 million users who have DocuSigned more than 130 million documents in 60 countries and the Wall Street Journal just ranked us the #6 startup in the country … but we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for a seasoned User Experience Lead to join us in our San Francisco office to help us bring world-class user experiences to our customers. You will report to the Director of User Experience and be responsible for the user experience of a part of our website, product or mobile landscape. You will work with partners in product management, visual design, development, and across the organization to envision and execute on new and improved experiences.
We’re not just looking for a designer, we’re look for a user experience leader. To us, that means:
- You’re kind of an expert. You drank the usability kool-aid so long ago you forgot if it was cherry- or raspberry-flavored. You also know that being usable is only the beginning of the conversation.
- You are truly user-centric. You want to know what users think and what their desks look like so you can design for them. You see research as fun, not a tedious box to check. You engender empathy in others through everything you do.
- You can get something from idea to excellence. You can lead a cross-functional team through the jungle of ideas. You know when to talk about goals and when to talk about checkboxes.
- You communicate and collaborate with the best of ‘em. You seek to include rather than exclude. You’re pretty fluent in both “business” and “technology.” You can present complex ideas in a way that anyone can understand.
- You think strategically, execute locally. You know what you’re working on at any given moment is only a piece in the experience ecosystem and design to affect and integrate into that context.
- You love what you do. This isn’t just work, it’s one of your passions.
Here’s what we expect the role to take on:
- Work with product managers and other stakeholders to define goals and requirements.
- Drive efforts to understand user needs and contexts through user research, analytics, etc.
- Collaboratively create, evaluate, and refine ideas and concepts.
- Design functional yet elegant experiences.
- Use wireframes, prototypes and other assets to document and build consensus around designs.
- Work closely with visual designers and developers in Agile iterations.
- Assure highest quality output through testing and constant collaboration.
- Help define best practices for the User Experience team including process, deliverables, etc.