Senior UX Visual Designer - Tufts Technology Services-17001095
at Tufts University in Medford/Somerville, Massachusetts
Senior UX Visual Designer – Tufts Technology Services-17001095
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, clinical and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
The Senior UX/Visual Designer takes an active, hands-on role in identifying and aligning user, business, and technology requirements from a Human-Centered Design (HCD) perspective. The person in this role is a design thinker and is strong visual communicator. This position leads ideation with team members and stakeholders, conducts user research, usability testing, creates prototypes, designs interfaces and visual elements, evolves design patterns and brand alignment, and develops responsive HTML/CSS templates that meet Tufts usability and accessibility standards for web applications and websites. The Senior UX/Visual Designer promotes and demonstrates the value of UX, mentors colleagues and is adaptable to working effectively with various leadership styles through inclusive collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience leading interface, interaction, information and visual design.
- A portfolio of professional work samples is required, describing role and contribution for each project.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and align user, business and technical requirements through a Human-Centered Design perspective.
- Demonstrated expertise creating prototypes, responsive interfaces, visual, and interaction designs which meet accessibility requirements at the WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Ability to develop responsive templates from designs using HTML5, CSS3
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Excellent writing, listening and communication skills
- Attention to details and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent, high-priority projects
- Experience with usability testing and user research
- Familiarity with Lean UX and Service Design principles.
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Print design (InDesign, print production)
- Experience in Higher Education or Educational Technologies realm
- Teaching and mentoring skills
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional evening or weekend work as needed.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Tufts Technology Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2017, 10:15:02 AM
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/spsm68dwmjgn678j